Bere Alston Primary Academy School Council
At Bere Alston Primary Academy we promote the idea of being a listening school where children’s views are valued. Each class elects 2 representatives to form the School Council, which meets half-termly. Class discussions provide opportunities for the children to raise concerns and put forward suggestions as to how certain aspects of school life can improved.
We want our School Council to give us opportunities to:
- Be involved in making the decisions to improve school life for everyone.
- Work more closely with staff in developing a caring school community.
- Be able to voice the opinions of people in our class.
- To raise money for charities.
Responsibilities of the School Council
- Class representatives will report back to their class after every school council meeting.
- Class representatives will take issues brought up by their class to the School Council. They will put across the views of their class.
Responsibilities of Teachers
- Teachers will ensure all classes have time to discuss matters raised.