Bere Alston Primary Academy Uniform
All children at Bere Alston Primary Academy are expected to have a tidy appearance. The school expects all pupils to dress smartly and for hairstyles to be appropriate and of a natural colour. Extreme styles, including excessive shaving/tramlines, shaving patterns and mohican or mowhawk styles are not acceptable. The school and governing body reserve the right to ask parents to restyle inappropriate hairstyles. Makeup, including nail varnish, is not permitted.
All children are expected to wear the uniform. We want to support families to avoid paying out unnecessary money for uniform. There is no expectation to purchase badged or branded uniform, unbadged and unbranded uniform can be purchased at reasonable prices from supermarkets. Bere Alston food bank has a limited stock of pre-loved uniform and our Friends of Bere Alston school team will be holding periodic uniform sales in the playground (please keep an eye on their Facebook page.
Please speak to us if you are having any difficulties with uniform.
School sweatshirts, fleeces, showerproof coats and caps displaying the school logo are available to order from www.brigade.uk.com (link above).
• Royal blue sweatshirt, fleece or cardigan.
• White short sleeved polo shirt with collar.
• Grey or black skirt, pinafore dress or trousers (not leggings).
• Socks (or tights in winter) in any of the uniform colours.
• Plain black or brown sensible shoes – high heels, very long boots (over the knee) or open backed/toed shoes are not suitable. Black trainers are allowed. Sensible winter boots are allowed.
• Summer alternative - smart knee length grey or black shorts or blue/white striped or checked dress.
In bad weather, a change of shoes for indoors is encouraged. (Pupils are allowed to wear their PE trainers indoors, if necessary, occasionally).
• Yellow PE polo shirt or round necked T-shirt
• Black, navy or royal blue shorts.
• A change of footwear – trainers. These must be additional to the ones worn to school.
• A change of socks
• Jogging trousers for colder weather (NOT jeans)
All clothing MUST be labelled with the child's name. Rings, necklaces and other jewellery can be dangerous in play and should not be worn to school at all. Although studs or sleepers are permitted, exposed earrings cannot be worn during PE lessons and must be removed or covered with tape. Long hair must be tied up or plaited in school or during PE lessons, including swimming.